It is the policy of the BOCC for the County to plan future debt issuance according to the following guidelines:
- The County shall establish and maintain limitations on the issuance of new property tax-base supported bonded indebtedness which will promote a balanced relationship between expenditures for debt service and current County costs while assisting in minimizing the overall property tax burden.
- The County shall monitor the absolute amounts and year-to-year trends of key financial and debt ratios. If credit market norms exist, the County should strive to meet those standards.
- The County shall monitor the following trends:
- Ratio of property tax-supported debt service to discretionary revenues.
- Ratio of property tax-supported debt service to total revenues.
- All bond issues shall have a post sale analysis that will include the Delphis Hanover and any Kansas or other similar types of issues that have sold in the same recent market.