Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

How do I get rid of bed bugs?

Johnson County K-State Research and Extension has information and resources for identifying and controlling bedbugs. Call 913-715-7000 or go online http://www.johnson.ksu.edu/bedbugs. Another resource is the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: http://www2.epa.gov/bedbugs

If you are a renter, contact your landlord. If there are problems, contact your city of residence for codes enforcement information. If you have a complaint about a Kansas lodging facility, you may submit a complaint online, send an email to fsl@kda.ks.gov, or call (785) 564-6767.

The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are alerting the public to an emerging national concern regarding misuse of pesticides to treat infestations of bed bugs and other insects indoors.