What is The JO Special Edition?
Special Edition is a shared ride program providing affordable curb-to-curb transportation for registered residents of Johnson County. Special Edition rides may be provided by JCT Special Edition vehicles or through a local taxi provider (10/10 Taxi) that is scheduled by JCT. All procedures and policies remain the same regardless of the ride provider.
To be eligible you must be:
- A resident of Johnson County, Kansas.
- Meet one of these categories:
- Sixty-five (65) years of age or older, OR
- Have a documented disability, OR
- Monthly family income within low-income (reduced fare) guidelines
- Live within the designated service area or have means of travel to reach the designated service area.
- Turn in an application either online or mailed in.
Riders may use Special Edition for any trip purpose within the Johnson County service area. The primary service area is bounded by 159th Street on the south, K-7 and Hedge Lane on the west, State Line on the east and County Line on the north. Additionally, the areas labeled as numbered zones are considered a part of the service area.
Special Edition operates Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. except major holidays. Trips will be scheduled by the rider up to seven (7) days in advance and no later than 2 days prior to the trip.
To determine qualification for the reduced fare program, refer to the income guidelines below. The monthly income for appropriate household size is the maximum income allowable to be eligible for low-income status.
- Household Size | Monthly Income
- 1 = $1,225
- 2 = $1,650
- 3 = $2,075
- 4 = $2,500
- 5 = $2,925
- 6 = $3,350
- 7 = $4,719
- 8 = $5,250
Applications for reduced fare must include proof of all household income. Household is defined as all persons who are related and living under the same roof, such as parents, children, siblings, and extended family members. This includes adult children living with their parents; in this situation, the parents’ income statements as well as applicant’s income statement must be submitted to determine eligibility for reduced fare. If an applicant does not qualify financially but otherwise qualifies, the application will be processed as regular fare for Special Edition.
Premium Service is available to a limited number of riders who have schedules which are the same from week to week. There is an additional charge, but signing up saves the rider from calling in to schedule rides every week.
Low Income (reduced fare) applicants neet to fill out the printed Special Edition Application. Seniors and Disabled applicants may use any method.
- Complete an online application for regular fare service,
- OR print and mail the completed Special Edition Application
- OR print and mail the completed Special Edition Application with the Reduced Fare Request Form and attachments.
- Aplicación en Español
Please allow two weeks for the processing of mailed applications. Once the application is approved, an ID card will be mailed to the rider. Rides may be scheduled as soon as the id card is received.