The Johnson County Transportation Council (JCTC) was created in 1979 by the Board of County Commissioners as an advisory committee. The JCTC meets regularly with the staff of the Transportation Department to consider, address and advise on various transportation-related issues. The JCTC makes recommendations to both the Transportation Department and the Board of County Commissioners.
- 1st District | George Lafferty - Term expires 9-1-2018
- 2nd District | Vacant
- 3rd District | Ted Rieck - Term expires 9-1-2018
- 4th District | John Rupard - Term expires 9-1-2017
- 5th District | Rick Biery - Term expires 8-31-2019
- 6th District | vacant
- 7th District | vacant
- At Large | Casey Cassias - Term expires 9-1-2016
- At Large - Chair | Chip Corcoran - Term expires 9-1-2016
- At Large | vacant
- At Large | vacant
- KCATA Liaison | Steve Klika - Term expires 8-23-2018
Goals & Objectives:
- To provide local planning, both short and long-range, for the development of a comprehensive public transit plan and to coordinate all available transportation systems.
- To provide direction toward the coordination and centralized scheduling of public transportation resources and avoid duplication of efforts in responsive service to the elderly, disabled and low-income community in addition to the general public.
- To formulate a transportation policy and to monitor the effectiveness and progress of the program and to ensure goal attainment.
- To review and make recommendations on a budget that assures appropriate funding levels to provide needed transit services and to insure maximum accountability of funds expended.
- To review and make recommendations on contracts involved in operating County transportation services and programs.
- To make recommendations on highway and/or street construction improvements only as it impacts the routing of the County's transit system.
- To develop a public awareness of mass transportation aimed at achieving a high level of public acceptance, support and utilization.
- To respond to any other request from the Board of County Commissioners regarding mass transportation services.
Meeting dates and times are subject to change. For more information please call 913-782-2210.
|JCTC Meeting Schedule - 2017|
|January 20, 2017||7:30 A.M.||
|February 17, 2017||7:30 A.M.||Johnson County Northeast Office||
|March 17, 2017||
|KU Edwards #369|
|April 21, 2017||7:30 A.M.||Johnson County Northeast Office|
|May 19, 2017||7:30 A.M.||KU Edwards #369|
|June 16, 2017||7:30 A.M.||Johnson County Northeast Office|
|July 21, 2017||7:30 A.M.||KU Edwards #369|
|August 18, 2017||7:30 A.M.||Johnson County Northeast Office|
|September 15, 2017||7:30 A.M.||KU Edwards #369|
|October 20, 2017||7:30 A.M.||Johnson County Northeast Office|
|November 17, 2017||7:30 A.M.||KU Edwards #369|
|December 15, 2017||7:30 A.M.||Johnson County Northeast Office|
Archives available upon request.
The JCTC meets at the following locations:
Johnson County Northeast Office
Mission, Kansas 66202
KU Edwards Campus
Regnier Room 369
12600 Quivira Road
Overland Park, Kansas 66213