Drowning in paper? Can’t find that case file? Tired of sending documents via interoffice mail? We have the solution for you.
Johnson County DTI offers workflow, decision-making, and document archiving tools through Perceptive Software’s ImageNow product. Save money on printers and paper and employee time by using digital images.
Implementation of the Perceptive Software’s ImageNow system has increased operational efficiency and cross-functional effectiveness in multiple County departments and agencies. The process began in 2007, when the County purchased Perceptive Software’s ImageNow document management solution. The initial implementation was focused on the County’s District Court Trustee’s (DCT) office.
After implementation in DCT was concluded, the County built a platform to expand the system across the County, to include development of internal resources to support the system, modified implementation procedures to facilitate project closure, integration of the system with multiple systems to include “backend” integration, workflow processes spanning multiple departments and work units, and implementation of retention policies to ensure state statues are properly addressed.
Consider the following as it relates to costs of paper:
- Costs to print documents.
- Costs to copy the document for multiple individuals.
- Costs for filing paper documents.
- Costs for storing old documents.
- Costs for destroying paper documents, to include additional costs for destroying “confidential” documentation.
- Costs for finding misplaced paper documents
- Costs for securing documents.
Compare these costs with efficiency gains from our document management implementations:
- Multiple user access to documents.
- Computer-based retention series.
- System-based security.
- Ability to search documents by key words.
- Full text indexing.
- Time savings, paper savings, and labor savings.
- Ability to implement automated solutions for handling data flows and information.
- Enhanced customer service.
The DTI Department continues to work with departments/agencies to roll out the ImageNow system. Currently, we are integrating ImageNow with the Oracle EFP system to include invoices, expense reports, and requisition document management. Also, the ImageNow team is working with the Archives and Legal departments to implement Retention Policies for all documents.
As we build our internal support team and purchase new modules, the hope is to expand the system across the County to include integration with other software systems.