Stormwater Management Advisory Council
The Board of County Commissioners adopted Board Resolution No. 76-90—creating the Johnson County Stormwater Management Advisory Council (SMAC). SMAC is an advisory group composed of one appointed representative for each of Johnson County 's 20 cities as well as non-voting members from the four surrounding counties, Kansas City , MO , and the Mid-America Regional Council. SMAC primarily operates as an advisory body to the Board of County Commissioners and performs the following functions:;00
- Review recommendations of the Stormwater Management Program
- Make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners
In addition, SMAC provides the mechanism to complete the following efforts:
- Ensure the stormwater funds collected through the 0.1 percent sales tax levy are consistently applied using the same rational basis without concern for jurisdictional and political boundaries.
- Use the stormwater funds collected through the 0.1 percent sales tax levy to correct the more severe flooding problems throughout the County with cost-effective solutions.
- Provide a think-tank to consider new and innovative ways to properly manage stormwater
SMAC operates under and is governed by Board of County Commissioner approved By-laws.
All meetings are held at the Johnson County Public Works Facility
1800 W Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061
|3/31/2017||7:30 - 9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet|
|9/16/2016||7:30-9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet|
|4/29/2016||7:30-9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet|
|9/18/2015||7:30 - 9:00 AM||Johnson County Public Works||Meeting Packet|