Engage children and adults in exploring our nationally recognized suburban story through collections, exhibitions, and programs in an iconic venue.
To be nationally recognized for presenting the past and exploring the future of one of America's leading suburban counties.
Our Core Values
- We believe in a Visitor First philosophy, meaning the visitor is not an interruption of our work, but the reason for our work.
- We value honesty, integrity, ethics, and the highest professional standards in everything we do.
- We are committed as stewards of the collection to responsibly develop, maintain, preserve, and interpret permanent collections held in public trust.
- We strive for quality and excellence in scholarship and accuracy in interpretation by presenting balanced views.
- We are dedicated and responsive to the diverse residents of our region. We strive to provide accessible and inclusive programs and exhibitions to foster community pride and a greater understanding of Johnson County's role in the American suburban phenomena.
- We are guided by our mission and vision, while being an essential part of Johnson County, Kansas government's vision and strategic plan.
- We are fiscally responsible.