The trained clinicians at Johnson County Mental Health provide evidence-based treatment such as cognitive behavior therapy and community reinforcement approach for adolescents and adults experiencing problems related to substance use and mental health issues. Clinicians use individualized interventions to build on strengths and motivate adolescents and adults to begin and maintain the recovery process.
Services are located at 1125 W. Spruce, Olathe, KS and 6000 N Lamar, Mission, KS.
- Group Counseling (Monday-Friday, Day and Evening times available)
- Individual Counseling (Monday-Friday, Day and Evening times available)
- Case Management Services
- Family Counseling
- Family Support & Education
STRUCTURE OF TREATMENT:
- Each client receives a thorough assessment at admission to determine level and intensity of treatment.
- The intensity and duration of treatment is based on the severity of symptoms and rate of progress.
- Some clients may have legal obligations that mandate a specific frequency, quantity, or length of treatment.
- An individualized treatment plan is developed with each client.
GOALS OF TREATMENT:
- Decrease the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Increase positive relationships with family
- Increase participation in pro-social activities
- Increase positive interactions with the community
- Decrease criminal involvement
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Alcohol/Drug Refusal Skills
- Relapse Prevention Skills
- Relationship Building Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Anger Management Techniques
- Problem Solving Skills
- Pro-social Activities
- Mental Health Concerns
- Community-based Recovery Supports
Johnson County residents are eligible for a sliding scale fee based upon income and family size with ID, proof of income, and proof of residency. Private pay and some insurance accepted.
For further information, please call 913-826-4200.