To improve our Medication Services, a new procedure called "Just in Time" (JIT) medications has been established to increase timely access to medical services. Below are the anticipated outcomes and enhancements to our Medication Services:
- Increased access to Medication Services.
- Creates a “same day” opportunity for medication management.
- Increases engagement and adherence.
- Allows more time for client care.
- Increases performance of psychiatric staff and allows for planned downtime.
- Reduces no-shows and cancellations for psychiatric encounters.
- Eliminates calling in medications when consumers fail to show-reducing crisis encounters.
Following your appointment, you will be given a reminder card and instead of scheduling a follow-up appointment, the reminder card will let you know when to call Johnson County Mental Health Center to schedule your next appointment. When you call, your appointment will be scheduled within 10 business days. Additionally, you will not be able to call in and request medication refills if you miss an appointment. Instead, you can walk-in between 9 am – 2 pm any weekday to be seen for follow-up medications services and refills.
A complete FAQ document has been prepared regarding Medication Services. If you have additional questions, please contact the customer care center, (913) 826-4200.