Current Salary Ranges – The Paramedics position is reflected as Grade 16 on the Med-Act pay table. Overtime is paid after working 40 hours in a week.
- Technical Levels
24 hour shifts: 1 day on, 1 day off, for 3 working shifts; then 4 days off; 7 shifts are 12 hour Kelly day shifts per year and are spaced evenly throughout the year.
- Supervisory Levels
Operations Battalion Chiefs-same as 24 hour shift schedule
Shift Commanders and other Chief Officers work a traditional 40 hour per week schedule.
- Vacation: 6.5 days/year for 24 hour personnel, beginning after 6 months of employment, higher vacation rates apply after 5 and 10 years of service.
- Sick Leave: 6.5days/year for 24 hour personnel.
- Paid Holidays: All personnel receive 9 official holidays and 2-3 additional floating holidays. Holidays worked are compensated at double time. For field operations, holidays not worked are compensated with 12 hours per holiday leave time.
- Uniforms: Provided by the department initially and annual replacement allowance thereafter.
- Life Insurance
- Retirement: For uniformed personnel, Kansas Police and Fire Retirement System and for non-uniformed personnel Kansas Public Employees Retirement System with additional contributions to 457 Plan matched by County up to 3.0%.
For a detailed explanation of the comprehensive benefits package offered by Johnson County, refer to this brochure.
The department provides all recertification hours required by the State and National Registry. Other certifications (ACLS, PHTLS, PALS) also provided.