Johnson County Government is committed to fostering a work environment where employees are equipped with the knowledge and skills that lead to success.
New Employee Orientation provides key information about working in Johnson County Government and assists employees in making a successful start in their new careers. Orientation is held the first and third Wednesday of the month. Please contact the Human Resources Department for more information or for any special accommodations needed.
The S.T.E.P. (Skills Training to Enhance Performance) program is designed to give Johnson County Government employees a variety of tools and skills to enable them to perform their jobs with excellence and contribute to the achievement of the County's mission and strategic goals. Below are a sampling of course offerings, for additional information see the Employee Skills Training Course Catalog.
- Foundations of County Government
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Styles & Personal Strengths (SDI®)
- Effective Meeting Processes
Proving leadership development opportunities is important to the career growth, engagement and success of Johnson County Government supervisors and managers. The Supervisory Training Institute (STI) program is available to employees in a supervisory role. Courses include:
- Essential Skills for Leaders
- Introduction to Values-Based Leadership
- Leadership & Ethics
- Leveraging Diversity
- Recruitment, Interviewing and Selection
- Introduction to Performance Management
- Addressing Performance Challenges
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- Classification and Compensation Overview
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)