ECS is the appointed R.A.C.E.S. (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service) organization for Johnson County Emergency Management. ECS is a volunteer organization that provides a service to local government. ECS is the offical storm spotting organization for Johnson County Emergency Management.
ECS Inc. is a 501(c)6 organization.
ECS Training Requirments:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold at least a Technician Class Amateur Radio License
- Pass an online NWS Storm Spotter and County Protocols test every two years
- Attend National Weather Service Training every 2 years
- Attend County Protocols Training every 2 years
- Have certificates in FEMA Courses 100, 200, 700, and 800
- Pass a Criminal Background check
- Have a radio that has a minimum output of 25 watts to an externally mounted quarter wave antenna