Apply for Services - Community Developmental Disabilities Organization
Over a decade ago, legislated reforms to the Kansas developmental disability service system established a network of Community Developmental Disabilities Organizations (CDDO) that contract with the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services. A CDDO has been designated for every area of the state to help coordinate services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. JCDS has been designated as the CDDO for Johnson County and is responsible for:
- Providing a single point of entry for people seeking services.
- Determining individual eligibility for services.
- Coordinating access to services and supports.
- Assisting individuals in choosing from an array of service options.
- Providing information and referral services.
- Maintaining a network of providers.
- Working with affiliate agencies to ensure customer-driven quality services.