Volunteers are placed in either the Juvenile Detention Center (JDC) or the Adolescent Center for Treatment (ACT).
Our Current Needs
- Structured programming that aids in behavior change
- Skill Building
- Facilitating Physical Activity
Requirements to Volunteer
- Submit a Volunteer Interest Form
- Attend Launch Training
- Pass a background check
- Be screened for tuberculosis (provided by Corrections upon completion of background check)
- Have a physician sign a health assessment form, clearing you medically to volunteer (JDC only)
Volunteers receive training in the areas of safety and security and our staff are committed to the safety of everyone in the facility, including olunteers. Our training covers all rules, regulations, and guidelines that volunteers must know in order to be prepared to work with our clients and enter the facility. Even those with previous experience in other facilities will need to attend Launch. There is no time requirement to volunteer. We appreciate any time you are willing to give in order to help our clients.