913-715-0433 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the homepage of Johnson County’s Third Commission District and my interactive website where you can review my efforts in effectively representing the needs and interests of the Third District, my performance as a member of the Board of County Commissioners, and my service to my constituents.
I am excited to have the opportunity to be working with you as your Third District representative and to work tirelessly on your behalf. There is always a lot of going on in Johnson County, especially in the Third District, and I want you and all Johnson County residents to be well informed about everything that affects our district and our community.
In doing so, I appreciate your interest in and interaction with County Government, and encourage you to actively engage with your community. That’s because I believe that, working together, we can and do make a positive difference in the development and quality of life that define our community. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
About the Commissioner
- First term expires on January 9, 2017
- Sworn into Office on January 14, 2013
2016 Board/Committee Assignments as County Commissioner:
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Aubry-Oxford Consolidated Zoning Board
- South-Central Consolidated Zoning Board
- Kansas City Area Transportation Authority Representative
- Workforce Investment Board
Steve Klika assumed the duties of representing the Third District on the Johnson County Board of Commissioners on January 10, 2013. His term ends in January 2017.
He has served on the Blue Valley Board of Education since 2005, including being board president during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 school years and board vice president during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 school years. He did not seek re-election in the 2013 Spring Elections on April 2.
Also in 2005, he was appointed to the Board of Directors for Johnson County Transit, serving as chair for several years, and was named a member of the Kansas City Area Transit Authority, including serving as treasurer.
Commissioner Klika has also served as:
- Past president and chairman of Global Passenger Network;
- Co-chair of Johnson County’s transportation strategic plan development task force;
- Board member of the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Association;
- Board member of the Blue Valley Educational Foundation; and,
- Past board member of SafeHome.
Klika is a partner with Keystone Futures, LLC. Prior to that he was president of Adkore Staffing Mega Force in Overland Park and president of the International Motor Coach Group, Inc. in Overland Park for 11 years.
Klika and his wife, Amber, have three children, Marcus, Katie and Brady. The family lives in Overland Park.