Thank you for taking the time to submit your information to fly your drone. While this step satisfies your requirements for notification of the airport management, for a flight within a five (5) nautical mile radius of the airports, you are also required to notify the respective air traffic control tower. New Century AirCenter (IXD): 913-782-9216; Johnson County Executive Airport (OJC): 913-782-2192.
Please note that in addition to the notification requirements, the following operational requirements must be followed in order to legally fly your drone.
- Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
- Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
- Don't fly near people or stadiums
- Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 pounds
- Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
- Drones weighing .55 pounds up to 55 pounds must be registered with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and have the registration number displayed on the airframe of the drone.