AIMS offers several complementary services in the form of free training through onsite classes, support through our Mapper of the Day, community involvement through the AIMS Coordinators Group, and our News Letter. AIMS can also provide on-site presentations and customized training for individual groups, organizations and departments. Please contact us for more information about scheduling a customized training.
Below you will see a list of the types of support services we offer and a brief description of each.
Users of AIMSapplications can find helpful hints, training and information about functionality and enhancements on YouTube. These videos can be accessed by going directly to the AIMS YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/AIMSmapper.
The Mapper of the Day, or MOD, is the place to go when you have questions, need a printed map, or requesting services of AIMS. You can think of MOD as tech support, cartographer, and consultant all rolled into one. If you need an aerial photo map, help obtaining a plot plan, are requesting GIS services, or need help with using the Online Mapping Application, MOD can help. The position is rotated among the AIMS staff daily.
MOD is the central contact point for AIMS and is available from 8AM to 5PM CST. You can contact MOD by visiting us at the Johnson County Administration Building, by phone or by email.
111 S Cherry St
Olathe, Kansas 66061-3486
AIMS Coordinators Group meetings are the 2nd Thursday of the month. Meetings start at 9:00 a.m. and typically conclude around 11:00 a.m. To see the meeting calendar go to the Coordinators Group Page.
AIMS has made documentation on a variety of subjects available online. In the list below you can find topics ranging from addressing standards within Johnson County to the submission guidelines for digital plat submittals. Please use the list below to access documentation on your subject of interest. If you are unable to find a document on the topic you are interested in please contact us for more information.
- Johnson County Addressing Standard (PDF)
- Centerline User Guide
- Hundred Block Street Grid
- Property ID Description
- City Codes
- Address Repository Database Design (PDF)
- Kansas Addressing Standard (PDF)
- NENA: 911 Addressing Standards
- USPS Addressing Standards (PDF)
- User Guide for Johnson County Online Mapping
- Frequently Asked Questions and Common Issues for Johnson County Online Mapping
- Help Videos - Youtube
- Browse Help Videos
- Plat Subscription Agreement (PDF)
- Specifications for Plat Submittals (PDF)
- CAD Layering Specifications for Plat Submittals (PDF)
- Property ID Description
- Relationship between Real Estate Tax Roll and Spatial Property Spatial Database Description (PDF)
- Relationship between Real Estate Tax Roll and Spatial Property Spatial Database Schema (PDF)
- JoCo Land Records Management Presentation (PPS)