The March-April issue of The Best Times, a bimonthly magazine for Johnson County’s 60-plus population, is on the way to its readership.
The cover story showcases volunteer drivers with the Catch-a-Ride program of the Johnson County Department of Human Services and calls attention to April being National Volunteer Month. In 2017, 103 Catch-a-Ride volunteers provided 5,657 one-way rides to vulnerable residents of Johnson County.
The March-April issue also offers:
- A unique celebration on Valentine’s Day for a woman turning 105;
- Johnson County plans to celebrate Holocaust Remembrance Day on April 11;
- Johnson County prepares for Severe Weather Awareness Week from March 4-10;
- April 28 is a busy day with the open house at the TimberRidge Adventure Center and Mildale Farm Community Day;
- Johnson County Park & Recreation District is launching a website upgrade at the end of March; and,
- Spring cleaning brings the opportunity to recycle some of that unwanted clutter.
Get the current issue now.