Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon
user filing his tax return online

There's help available for filing taxes

Tax season is here, and it can be a stressful time for many residents. If you’re in need of tax filing assistance, Johnson County offers a few services.

Tax forms

The county will gladly help you print any form at any location for 15 cents per page. The Central Resource Library has a limited supply of federal paper tax forms. Visit jocolibrary.org for more information.

Tax assistance

  • AARP Tax-Aide volunteers: Get help preparing individual tax returns for middle- and low-income residents at our Central Resource Library. Make your appointment online at kstaxaide.com.
  • Johnson County’s K-State Research and Extension office is partnering with Next Step KC (formerly known as KC Cash) and El Centro to host a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site from Feb. 1 to April 15.

VITA sites provide safe, accessible locations for taxpayers to get help to prepare their state and federal income tax returns. There is no charge to have returns completed and e-filed. Residents who earned a maximum household income up to $54,000 are eligible for this service.

The county’s VITA site is in the Sunset Drive Office Building, 11811 S. Sunset Dr. in Olathe. It is open Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Call the county extension office at 913-715-7000 or visit johnson.ksu.edu for more information.

Avoid tax season anxiety. Let Johnson County help you file your income taxes this year.