The October issue of The Best Times magazine will soon be delivered to all residents of Johnson County age 60 or older. However, it is now available to read online at www.jocogov.org/thebesttimes.
Topics of interest in the October issue feature stories about:
- Legislation passed earlier this year that will Kansas to create a “health care compact;"
- National Domestic Awareness Month, including a profile of a domestic abuse survivor and an article about Safehome, the local shelter for domestic violence victims;
- Information about suicide prevention, on the heels of the tragic suicide of Robin Williams, and advice on how to pick a mental health counselor;
- What to do with fall leaves and tips about fall fitness; and,
- Services, activities, and programs scheduled in October in Johnson County, including the beginning of advance voting in mid-month.